Replace missing teeth and restore your smile with the help of dental implants.
The Stephen M. Huppert DDS team can walk you through the entire process and ensure that the end result meets your needs and the image of your perfect smile.
Dental implants can replace a single tooth or multiple missing teeth. No matter your needs, our dental team in Sacramento, CA, is here to help you get back to eating, smiling, and talking with ease and confidence once again.
When you’re missing a single tooth, we can use an implant to easily replace it and give you back your full smile.
A dental implant consists of three parts: the titanium implant, an abutment, and a restoration. The whole process from preparation to completion can take many months up to a year. We provide start-to-finish implant service, meaning from the consultation to the final result, we’ll be by your side.
- Your dental implant journey begins with a consultation with our dentist. This meeting helps us determine if a single-tooth implant is right for you.
- Next, we place the implant. During this procedure, we insert a small titanium screw into the bone in your jaw. Over a period of a few months, this titanium will fuse with the bone to create a solid and secure base for the rest of the implant.
- Once the area is healed, we’ll work on your dental crown restoration. We will design a crown that will blend seamlessly with your other teeth.
- When the crown is ready, you’ll visit us once more for a fitting and the final placement of the abutment and restoration.
When all is said and done, you’ll have a full smile again and be ready to get back to all your normal day-to-day activities.
Patients missing a few teeth in a row may benefit from implant-supported bridges. Unlike traditional bridges, these appliances are permanent and do not require the preparation of neighboring healthy teeth for placement.
- To place an implant-supported bridge, we position an implant in the jawbone on either side of the smile gap. The appliance will be designed with a crown on either side (designed to attach to the implant) and a false tooth/teeth in the middle.
- The bridge will be attached to the implants by abutments, providing the entire appliance with a strong, secure adherence.
Once in place, implant-supported bridges feel reliable and comfortable, so you can feel confident that you can eat all your favorite foods and speak without worry.
Depending on your implant needs, we have different options for dental implant restorations. Crowns are ideal for single-tooth implants and some multi-tooth replacements. We can also use a bridge for multi-tooth replacements if those missing teeth are next to or close to each other.
Our dental team will work closely with you to determine the best restoration type for your needs and ensure that you are not just comfortable with the result, but happy with it, too.
If you need dental implants, call our office to schedule an appointment. Our team at Stephen M. Huppert DDS, are trained in the entire dental implant process, so we can help you figure out the best option for you and help you achieve your smile goals.